Apr 4, 2014

So, I realized I am actually an INFJ

Click to view my Personality Profile page

Guess what, I'm actually an INFJ.  Several years ago, I tested INFP, and for the longest time, I was still INFP... until last year.  Skepticism abounds.  Then, I started to learn more about cognitive functions.  Once I got over the initial confusion, I am very certain now that I am a true INFJ, with a very developed Fi (introverted feeling, INFP's dominant function).  Reading about the INFJ personality type opens my eyes to why I am the way I am.  It's so liberating.


The above text practically sums up how I feel about loneliness.  As I mature, I understand that loneliness is not about the lack of friends or relationships; it's all about the lack of true connection.  All my life, I yearn for someone to understand me on a deeper level, someone who truly cares.  Because I absolutely do the same thing for them.  When I ask "Are you alright?", I mean it.  Relationship, to me, is no trivial matter... I don't play around with emotions.  My mind, however, is ultra-complicated.  To explain an idea or vision to a friend requires some skilled verbal capability, something I'm still not good at.  Sometimes though, the ideas that I have exceed my ability to express for comprehension, hence my quietness.  I used to think I am antisocial.  Now, I know I'm just highly sensitive.  A chaotic world filled with so many unspoken nuances overwhelms my mind on a daily basis.  That's why, I walk slowly, think carefully and choose intently.  If I don't do that, I risk depleting the little energy I have for my own self in order to help others.  Such is a life of an INFJ *sighs*...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;