Jul 22, 2010

Stop the hatred...

I surprised myself for starting to like running now!

The last time I was being over-dramatic by crying over a small remark my mum said about my weight, I cried my eyes out for 1 hour straight when my mum stood by lecturing me about ... everything actually.
That happened a month and a half ago. And truthfully, I'm so grateful my mum scolded me hard, otherwise I'd still sat around pitying myself.
One thing she said that still stays with me until now was that the more I hate something, the more I need to do it. There's no point in crying and giving up. If I fall, stand up again, and again, and again. I told her... mom, I hate running. Please don't force me to run because I hate hate hate it. And she only replied... you need to do it then, and more of it. You won't hate it as much.
At that moment, I despised me mum, and vowed never to run, because I hate it.
But guess what... now I'm beginning to like running, after spending some weeks running (little by little, I started by burning only 100 cal, ran for 5 mins and walked for 10 mins or so.) The last 2 weeks or so I was finally able to up the running scale. Recently I can run for 15 mins straight, burning 400 cals in the process. The most amazing thing is that as soon as I stopped forcing myself to lose as many cals as possible and simply tried to enjoy the act of running, I ended up enjoying it!!!
Me, enjoying running?! I've hated running for so long... but now, now... it feels great to run :D.
That feeling of sweats pouring out from every pore of my body, and that of accomplishment by giving it my all, is so amazing!!! Now, I'm sort of addicted to that feeling that only exercise can bring.
Now, I think clearer, have more energy throughout the day, feel very positively, esp. about my body, have more confidence because I believe I can push myself further. All from the hard scold my dear mum gave to me that one day. So if I can give one advice... that would be: listen to your mother!!! She knows what's best for you.

Yes, I want to lose weight badly. But now I'd stopped thinking about it, only wanting to be as healthy and fit as possible. I'm aware of what I put into my body, and enjoy running and exercising now (I also do yoga, it's a lot of fun too :D). Who knows, by the end of the year I might be 30 lbs slimmer though I'm not too stressed over it, with the way I'm going right now, I believe I will lose weight. We'll see but it's not the goal I'm interested in, but the journey now :). To all of you trying hard to lose weight, start small. You'll get there eventually. Don't compare yourself to others. You're wonderful being who you are, just believe it. And like I said, when you fall, stand up again because you have a lifetime to change. Things will get easier the more you do it. When you hate something, acknowledge it, and let it go, let it go. Hatred does no good to a person. It's so much more free to let go. Once I let go of my fear/hatred for running, I was free and was able to end up enjoying it. See... it's not so hard.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;